A Library of Articles on Filing for Bankruptcy from Premier Bankruptcy Attorneys
Filing for bankruptcy or deciding whether you should seek debt settlement or debt consolidation in Denver can be exceptionally challenging. Are you eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy? Who are the most trusted bankruptcy attorneys? There is more than enough information and misinformation out there to distract you from an effective plan of action, and many service providers who aren’t credible or trustworthy.
Wink & Wink, the premier bankruptcy team in Denver, has been writing articles informed by our clients’ success stories and our many years of experience practicing law. Below, we’ve curated some of our most important articles about bankruptcy, debt settlement, tax debt, and more to ensure you get the most accurate and strategic information available today. We hope these articles help you find the right path forward to solve your debt challenges. Complete freedom from debt is possible with the solutions we’ve outlined below.
How to Find a Bankruptcy Attorney and Calculate the Cost to File for Bankruptcy
The first two articles we’ve chosen focus on how to find a bankruptcy attorney in Denver and the general cost of filing. These articles will help you make an informed decision about the bankruptcy lawyer you choose – and give you an idea of what to expect in terms of fees.
- In many cases, filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a cost-effective debt relief solution when considering the significant amount of debt you can have discharged through these processes.
- Filing on your own without the support of an attorney is not likely to achieve the same results.
- A modest amount of research on the website of a Denver bankruptcy attorney will tell you everything you need to know about a firm’s ability to solve your debt relief challenges.
Should You File for Bankruptcy with Chapter 7 or 13?
One of the most commonly asked questions that bankruptcy attorneys hear is whether clients should file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Our Denver debt relief team of experts explains everything you need to know about both forms of bankruptcy to help you determine what you’re eligible for – and what will make the biggest impact on your debt.
- Colorado has a household median income threshold to determine whether you can file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Your bankruptcy attorney can walk you through a “means test” to help you determine which form of bankruptcy you are eligible for.
Should You File for Bankruptcy or Choose Debt Settlement or Debt Consolidation?
Once you have a good understanding of the minimal costs of working with a bankruptcy attorney or a law firm for debt consolidation in Denver, you’ll likely begin weighing your options for debt relief.
You may be curious about all the options available to you for debt relief. For most of our clients, debt settlement, Chapter 7 bankruptcy, and Chapter 13 bankruptcy are the most powerful options. However, you may have also read about debt consolidation as a potential solution.
These two articles will help you understand the differences between these solutions (and the misleading claims that debt consolidation companies sometimes make) so that you can ask the right questions and get the most effective legal counsel available.
- Debt Settlement Versus Debt Consolidation in Denver
- Thinking of Hiring a Debt Consolidation Company? Don’t Be Misled
- Comparing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy to Debt Settlement
- Debt consolidation is not getting you out of debt for less than the balance you owe because your debt is only refinanced, not wiped clean. While it can save interest costs, debt consolidation often doesn’t do enough to keep you from needing debt relief (i.e., getting out of debt for less than is owed on the balance through bankruptcy or debt settlement).
- Determining whether you should seek Chapter 13 bankruptcy or debt settlement is a strategic decision that an excellent bankruptcy attorney can help you make during a free consultation.
How Filing for Bankruptcy Can Help with Small Business Debt and COVID EIDL Loans
Small businesses are still facing great challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID EIDL loans from the Small Business Association are coming due, but that doesn’t mean business owners are prepared to repay. In addition, due to current economic conditions, small businesses are struggling to remain profitable and are taking on unmanageable debt to stay afloat. In either case, an empathetic, effective team of bankruptcy attorneys can guide small businesses toward a successful resolution of their struggles with debt.
- Are your COVID-Related Small Business Loans Due? How a Bankruptcy Lawyer Can Help
- Small Business Debt Restructure: All Your Questions Answered
- Small business owners can file personally for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy as a complete debt relief solution.
- A debt relief solution doesn’t mean the end of your business. Your Denver debt consolidation and resolution attorney can provide effective options to keep your business open.
How to Prepare to File for Bankruptcy and What Your Future Success Could Look Like
Our last set of articles will help you know what to prepare as you seek debt resolution, as well as a vision for what your future could look like once you’ve achieved an effective solution with our superior team of bankruptcy attorneys. Whether you decide to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, or choose debt settlement over debt consolidation in Denver, the articles below set you up for success, both now and in the future.
- The Most Important Documents to Gather When Filing for Bankruptcy
- Life After Bankruptcy: Your Next Steps
- If you don’t know where to locate all the documents you need, your bankruptcy attorneys can help with this process during a free consultation.
- Life after bankruptcy can include a 700 credit score and eligibility for a mortgage just two years down the road, not to mention the immense relief that you’ve solved your struggle with debt.
Learn More About Legal Debt Solutions
For more information on highly successful debt solutions, visit an entire archive of resources on bankruptcy, debt settlement, and much more. Each of these articles will position you for significant success as you move past your challenges and find a path forward that includes newfound financial freedom.