Denver Bankruptcy Attorney Wink & Wink Has Been Helping Clients Attain Much-Needed Debt Relief For More Than a Decade
If you’re in need of debt settlement and considering filing for bankruptcy, it’s essential you hire a skilled bankruptcy attorney.
Sure, you could try to file for bankruptcy on your own, but if you’re not careful, your case might not go as well as it could. You could end up losing more assets than necessary or still owing huge amounts of money. Your case could even get dismissed because you forget to file a document or some other technicality. A trusted bankruptcy attorney will make sure you’re prepared and have the best chance at success.
Choosing a bankruptcy attorney can be a mind-boggling experience. How do you know who’s good and helps their clients receive amazing results? Are some bankruptcy lawyers shady or inexperienced or treat their clients poorly and the client is no better off than if they had done it on their own?
Luckily, that’s not the case with Denver bankruptcy lawyer Wink & Wink. They’ve been helping clients in Colorado file for bankruptcy and receive outstanding results for over a decade.
Here are some additional tips for choosing a bankruptcy attorney in Denver.
Meet With Multiple Bankruptcy Lawyers
Meet with a few until you find the best fit for you. You likely have lots of options, so be sure to get one you enjoy working with and who you trust will get you the results you need.
Don’t Base Your Decision Solely on Price
If you’re in need of filing for bankruptcy, you may be reluctant to spend more on a bankruptcy attorney when you could hire another one for a lower price.
However, some attorneys charge less but then farm out their work to inexperienced attorneys. Others have hidden fees or costs which may make them seem cheaper when they’re not. For example, the filing fee for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Colorado is $335. This is a known cost and if your attorney is not including it in their fee or advising you of this cost, they are not being honest about your total cost to file bankruptcy.
Plus, cheaper lawyers may not provide the same outstanding service as one who charges more.
Obviously, price will be a factor for you. But don’t let that solely make the decision for you.
Read Reviews and Testimonials
Thanks to the internet, it’s easy to find reviews and testimonials of bankruptcy attorneys. Sift through these and take note of other people’s experiences. Were they happy with the result? Would they recommend this bankruptcy lawyer? And just why did they like or dislike this bankruptcy attorney?
Come Prepared With Questions
When interviewing potential debt settlements attorneys for your case, have a set of questions ready to ask. This will help you determine the right fit for you.
- What areas of law do you practice? Is this lawyer focused solely on bankruptcy and debt relief, or do they do other areas too? One who’s heavily focused on bankruptcy law is likely to be more skilled and dedicated to that area.
- In what cities/areas do you practice? You need to make sure the bankruptcy attorney serves clients in your area. Denver bankruptcy attorney Wink & Wink serves many areas in and around Denver, Colorado and throughout the Front Range area.
- Are you a member of any professional associations? Membership further signifies dedication. For example, Mike and Gailyn Wink of Wink & Wink are both members of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
- Have you worked on this type of case before? Every debt settlement case has its quirks and differences. You want a bankruptcy attorney that is prepared for your specific situation.
- Which type of debt settlement is right for your case? Filing for bankruptcy can be a smart option for people needing debt relief. But it’s not the only option. Ask the bankruptcy attorney your options and their recommendations. See what makes the most sense to you.
- Who will you be talking with during your case? Find out how communication works during your case. You could hire a bankruptcy attorney but then they give your work to other, less-experienced attorneys or office staff. It’s normal for you to have interactions and do some steps with other staff, but make sure you’re still getting the special attention and focus you deserve.
Don’t Wait Before Speaking With a Bankruptcy Lawyer
You don’t want your debt situation to get worse and worse. Filing for bankruptcy does take some time, and the sooner you get started, the sooner you can get back on your feet again. It doesn’t hurt to have an initial free consultation to get a sense of what may be best for your situation.