A Real Debt Settlement Solution Is Available When You’re Ready
Here’s a piece of modern-day wisdom:
Q: How do you know when you’ve reached your lowest point?
A: When you stop digging.
This simple, yet eye-opening truth applies to so much of our lives. We often hold the key to make things better, but that only happens when we stop making things worse.
You can probably see how this applies to debt. Every new credit card you open, each new charge you can’t afford, and each loan you take out to pay for another loan makes the process of getting out of debt more difficult.
Our team of credit card debt attorneys completely understand that it’s sometimes easier to keep spending while pretending your debt doesn’t exist, but it doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, we’ve helped many Denver residents achieve debt relief in situations that many would think impossible.
We specialize in helping those who may feel fearful about getting help in the first place. Many of our clients were unsure if they wanted to address their debt situation for fear of what they’d have to face in doing so. However, after trying “band-aid” solutions, such as debt consolidation, our clients often realize why people file for bankruptcy or seek legal representation in debt settlement: because it’s truly effective when you have the right lawyers on your side.
This is why our legal strategies at Wink & Wink are generally called debt relief; our help provides relief, both for your finances and your state of mind.
A solution is within reach. When you stop digging, we’ll be there to help you find financial freedom.
What Most People Don’t Know About Debt Settlement and Bankruptcy
When people think of debt settlement and bankruptcy, they often think of failure. They view talking to a lawyer about their struggles with debt as a weakness, as if declaring you need help is shameful. This isn’t the case.
Debt relief through settlement or bankruptcy is actually a win. While it may seem challenging at first to face the reality of your situation, we know that this feeling is the first step toward something far better than what you’re experiencing now. Quite frankly, going deeper in debt to pay off other debts (or simply ignoring your unpaid debt) is the actual problem. There is no happy resolution if you continue to dig the hole, and ignoring the hole is no better.
We know there are many Denver residents who would prefer to consolidate their debt as opposed to filing bankruptcy. This is more like digging a hole sideways, as opposed to digging deeper. However, digging sideways isn’t going to help you get out of the hole. Why? Because debt consolidation companies simply do that – consolidate your debt. True debt consolidation is like digging a hole sideways. This is because you are taking a loan to pay other loans. It keeps you in debt and can even position you to go further in debt because those maxed out credit cards now have nothing owed on them because your consolidation loan paid them off. Your debt is still there, and nothing has been done to change that.
Often, debt consolidation isn’t really debt settlement. This is because many national debt consolidation companies actually have you stop paying your creditors without advising you of the risks associated with doing so. While those risks can be worth it, people should know if the program they are in is a consolidation loan that is used to pay other debt in full, or if they’ve truly arranged a settlement for a fraction of what is owed once you stop paying the debt.
If you end up working with one of the many misleading national debt settlement companies, you may even discover that the low monthly payment they quoted you is not enough to settle your debt before creditors will sue you. While the misleading national debt relief companies are settling on debts owed to one or two creditors, your other creditors who aren’t receiving payments are threatening to sue. Now you have a lawsuit on your hands in addition to the same amount of debt you had before you tried consolidation.
Consider these insights on debt settlement and bankruptcy:
- At Wink & Wink, our honest approach to helping you settle your debt will minimize your risks while also positioning you to settle your debt more cost-effectively than through national debt relief companies. When you opt for debt settlement with Wink & Wink’s expert attorneys, you’ll likely only end up paying about 50% of what you owe in unsecured debts (like credit cards or medical bills).
- Wink & Wink offers a full suite of debt relief solutions, which enables us to provide the most cost-effective debt relief for you. If our team helps you decide that Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a better option for you than debt settlement, we will recommend this because you’ll get out of debt for less in bankruptcy. At the end of the day, we’ll advise you of your options and help you develop a legal strategy that will eliminate your debt.
- Debt relief through Wink & Wink is legal. One reason people in debt keep digging deeper is because they feel there is no other option, or that there is something wrong with getting out of debt for less than is owed. Bankruptcy is a constitutional right and debt relief, in general, strengthens the economy by enabling people to participate in the economy rather than being unable to spend because of debt service payments.
- Debt relief through Wink & Wink is often the best way to rehabilitate your credit. Most people who are in need of debt relief have bad credit either because they are not paying their debt or, if they are paying, because their debt to income ratio is too high. These people tend to view debt relief as the worst option for their credit issues. However, if they can’t correct their credit issues by paying down their debt faster than the interest and fees mount, their credit is a death spiral that only debt relief can help. This is because your credit is resilient and will get better quickly once you address the debt. Debt relief through either bankruptcy or debt settlement can put you on a path to a 700 credit score and eligibility for a mortgage within 24 months.
When you start the journey toward debt resolution, you’ll discover the powerful reasons why people file for bankruptcy or debt settlement, namely the freedom from debt that has been metaphorically weighing you down.
How to Get Started on Debt Settlement or Filing for Bankruptcy
Not only is a solution from Wink & Wink’s credit card debt attorneys a path to freedom from debt, but you can begin the process right away.
Here’s how to get started in two easy steps:
- Schedule a free consultation with Wink & Wink. We know your schedule is busy, so we’ve added a virtual consultation option to make the process convenient for you.
- On a virtual or phone consultation, you can share everything you’d like to tell us about your debt situation. The more information we have, the better we can help you. Our goal is to find a cost-effective solution that benefits you the most. We’re here to listen and understand where you’re coming from, so that you can get the help you need.
Getting help from Wink & Wink is simple. We customize our legal strategy to your needs and help you uncover the best path to taking care of your debt without having to deal with misleading debt consolidation companies.
Get in Touch with Wink & Wink for Your Debt Settlement Solution
If you’re sick and tired of the stress and anxiety you feel about your worsening debt situation, you can put a stop to it now and work with Wink & Wink, the leading credit card debt attorneys in Denver. Everything you do from this point on will lead you toward a resolution that will help you start fresh.
We leave you with one more piece of modern-day wisdom:
Q: Why do people file for bankruptcy or choose legal representation for debt settlement?
A: Because it works.